Instant Pot Cheeseburger Macaroni
So, as you’ll see as you read a lot of my stuff, I have a real problem making a recipe exactly as written.
It’s not because I think I know better. Well, sometimes it is. But usually it’s because I was out of an ingredient and felt another would be a suitable replacement. That was what happened today.
I made the Instant Pot Cheeseburger Macaroni from the blog, Meatloaf and Melodrama (great name).
See the original recipe
Here are the changes I made:
- Cooking spray instead of olive oil
- Instead of sea salt I used seasoned salt because my sea salt was unopened.
- I didn’t have dried minced onions, but I had dried minced shallots.
- I didn’t have cream so I used whole milk with about a teaspoon of flour whisked in.
- I didn’t have cheddar (well I did but it was moldy) so I just used a full block of Colby Jack.
- Also after it cooking for the 4 minutes I felt it too bland. So I added some Worcestershire, and a teensy bit of liquid smoke.
- I also felt it was too plain looking, so I added some chopped up roasted red peppers and they were really good.
OK so I made some very small changes, but it was good!! We both ate two bowls.
I will keep this one in my arsenal because I almost always have these ingredients on hand (or at least my substitutions) so it’s a quick and easy throw together when you’re out of ideas.
Close up! Note: the turkey and the macaroni were from Imperfect Foods.
Use my link and get $10 off your first box. Full disclosure, I get $10 too.